Sunday, September 27, 2026

Sunday Hangover: South Carolina



I was a bit anxious about this game because South Carolina has played Alabama tough in the last two meetings. 

They had their chances early but missed a field goal and then failed to convert on a fourth and two in Alabama territory. 

Then Alabama scored on a first and ten on a huge touchdown strike from Russell to Brooks. 

At the end of the day, Russell went 21 for 27 for 365 yards and also ran for a touchdown (see above). 

The offense only ran for a total for 124 yards, so there's still room to improve in the rushing game. However, the offensive line excelled in pass protection. 

I was worried when Hubbard went to the locker room, but he came back out and played in the second half. 

The offense did not do much in the third quarter but then finally got it going in the fourth. 

Next up is a very dangerous Mississippi State team in Starkville. 

I hate cowbells. 

No comments: