Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Random Notes from a Crank

This week's Existential Comic is a good one. This one addresses the glass half empty/glass half full conundrum via Schopenhauer and Nietzsche. 

You can hit the link above or read it below. The next to last panel got a good guffaw out of me. 

existentialcomics.com

I think most people would consider me a glass half empty kind of guy, but I think I tend to say glass half full. 

I am a skeptic though. 

In a deliciously bit of irony, there's an interesting article in the Daily Eastern News: "Students Petition Eastern to Address Concerns about AI-Generated Curriculum." 

I disagree with the Provost that using AI is an "academic freedom" issue. Professors using AI to comment on student's work is lazy, dumb, and deplorable. 

I'm definitely have a half empty perspective on this situation. 

I hate it when athletes are interviewed after a great performance, and all they do is blather on about Jesus, their "Lord," and other religious bullshit. Leave that crap for your church service. I don't need it mixed up with my football watching. 

An example of this nonsense was Case Keenum after the Bears win on Monday Night Football. 

No comments: