Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Random Notes from a Crank

The Other 98%

I got that image from one of my social media accounts. It is deadly accurate. 

In a not surprising outcome, Canadian universities are actively recruiting professors from American universities to go up North: "Canada Hires 48 Scholars Away from Top Universities." 

That article comes from The New York Times

A newspaper I used to have a subscription to, The Washington Post, is sending me a couple of emails a week to get me back. I cancelled my subscription after Bezos interfering with the editorial board backing Kamala Harris for the presidency. 

It's sad to see the decline of that once great newspaper. 

In what is a deliciously rich case of situational irony, a stupid right winger got his ass deported: "Milo Yiannopoulos, Right-Wing Agitator, Deported Home to U.K." 

One of my favorite writers, Wendell Berry, passed away: "Wendell Berry, Writer Who Extolled America's Agrarian Past, Dies at 92." 

I mainly read his non-fiction and some of his poetry. Later in his life, my Dad really enjoyed reading his fiction. 

No comments: