Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sunday Hangover: Kentucky

I'm having to watch the games via phone during my son's baseball games this fall, so my Alabama football watching experience is a bit chaotic. 

I then watched the full game after we get back home. 

Russell looked like a young quarterback playing his first away game in the SEC. 

And then he didn't. 

A major part of the success of the offense in the second half was the Tide's commitment to the run game. 

Just run the damn ball. 

I'm still nervous about some of the operational aspects of the offense. There are way too many occasions when the play doesn't seem to get into the huddle quick enough. 

And Russell is staring down his primary receiver too often. 

On positive notes, Brook led the receiving corps with five catches for 54 yards. 

And Daniel Hill had 104 net rushing yards with a TD. 

The defense played well throughout most of the game and really came into their own in the fourth quarter. 

I know the secondary pretty well because most of those guys were playing last season, but the front seven is mostly new to Alabama fans. They seem to be rotating a lot of different guys. 

No comments: