Sunday, October 22, 2023

Sunday Hangover: Tennessee

The first half of this game made my dog go into hiding in our walk-in closet because I was yelling so often in anger at the TV. 

Then Mrs. Nasty and I went to a retirement party for her former boss, so I only followed the game via my cell phone in the second half. When we got back, I watched the second half.

And what a second half it was. Tennessee didn't score, and Alabama scored 27 points. 

As crappy as Alabama's offense and defense were in the first half, they really got their shit together in the second half. 

The defense played like I expected them to do. 

The offense played much better because of the offensive line, and the OC ran more designed runs for Milroe, which I think is key to keeping opposing defenses off kilter. 

Another key was that Alabama only had one penalty. 

I'm hoping the bye week helps Alabama focus on playing a complete game because they'll need it when LSU comes to town in two weeks. 

No comments: