Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Musing of the Moment: Next Steps for the Vikings

With Kirk Cousins going down for the season and the trade deadline happening today, the Minnesota Vikings are in an untenable situation. 

They're technically in the playoff picture as a seven seed (I think) because the team's record is 4-4, but without a proven QB to lead them, the future ain't bright at all. 

I doubt they go out and splash a bunch of money on a proven quarterback, especially because the options aren't that good. 

If they do anything, I think they just stay pat with Hall and Mullens and Mannion, or they could sign some veteran QB off a roster or the broadcast booth to help out in the quarterback room. 

As much as I'd hate to see them have a bad record this season, they'd probably garner a decent position to draft in the first round. I'm not saying they should tank the season, but I'd rather see them keep their draft and real capital and just see how the season shakes out. 

I know next to nothing about Jaren Hall, but I guess it's worth giving the rookie a shot. He'll have plenty of good receivers to throw to, and I hope he's mobile. 

The Lions are going to win the division anyway. 

No comments: