Monday, March 22, 2021

Random Notes from a Crank

The other day I made up some sweetbreads according to the recipe in The Joy of Cooking. I had never had them before, so I thought I'd try them. 

I won't be trying them again. They're a gland from the cow, and I don't care for them at all. They remind me of chicken gizzards except they're bigger and spongier. Not good eats.

I thought I might like them since I like other offal, especially liver. 

When I called into my local health care provider about getting my Covid-19 vaccine, as I was on hold, one of the songs that played was "Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp. 


I had not heard that song in a good while. 

And then the song after that was "Calling Dr. Love" by Kiss. 


I like their sense of humor. 

D.C. and Puerto Rico deserve statehood. Here's a recent article from the Washington Post that breaks it down for you: "No Longer 'Chocolate City,' D.C. See Calls for Statehood Grow Louder." 

No comments: