Thursday, February 25, 2021

Musing of the Moment: The Dangers of Left-Handedness

Mrs. Nasty got me an electric powered chainsaw for my birthday. I'm finally going to get around to using it this weekend because the weather has gotten more hospitable. 

It looks like a good chainsaw from what I can tell. It has a self-sharpening device on it, which is nice. But I have a concern. It's designed for a right-handed person. 

So I did some searching on this matter, and the InterWebs spit out this figure and statement: "More than 2,500 left-handed people are killed each due to using right-handed products. Right-handed power saws are the most deadly." 

Where did this figure come from though? 

It appears there is not such a thing as a left-handed chainsaw. 

In light of all this, I give you "The 20 Worst Products for Left-Handed People." 

I will also drop this here: "15 Less Known Facts about Left-Handed People." Apparently, we are only 10% of the population, have more people with high IQs, are more likely to be schizophrenics, are not "more creative" as the common notion espouses, tend to have worse tempers, and are more likely to be queer.

No comments: