Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: Beef Liver

I made this tonight. It's one of the easiest dishes to make.

Most people hate liver. I enjoy both chicken and beef liver. 

More people should try it. Why? They should because "...Liver Is a Nutrient-Dense Superfood." 

The liver I used is from when we got half of a cow. The butcher gave me five packages of liver, so maybe I got some liver from other cows that were slaughtered and some people didn't want it? Or maybe a calf has a really large liver?

Anyway, here's one of easiest dishes out there. If you like, you thrown in onions, but I didn't this time. 

Ingredients
Beef liver, thinly sliced
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
AP flour with salt and pepper
Vegetable or canola oil

Process
Pat the liver dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat and coat with oil. Dredge both sides of the liver in the flour mixture. Fry in the skillet for roughly 1-2 minutes a side. 

Enjoy. 

No comments: