Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday Hangover: Mississippi State

Ayrton Breckenridge/Clarion-Ledger

I dislike 11am game times, and I hate cowbells. 

I got treated to both yesterday. 

But it was a solid win against a talented group of Bulldogs. 

The Alabama defense made "SuperKamario" not so super. They had 5 total sacks. The true freshman Xavier Griffen led the team with nine tackles followed by defensive play caller Luke Metz and then safety Bray Hubbard. 

Dijon Lee had a sweet pick six in the first quarter. See above. 

Alabama made Mississippi State one dimensional on offense by holding them to only 18 net rushing yards.

On the other side, Alabama was more balanced by rushing for 179 net rushing yards and passing for 304 yards. 

Brooks had some huge passes from Russell.  

A good sign from my perspective is that the tight ends caught some passes because the offense need to use them more often. 

However, Daniel Hill had two troubling fumbles, which is disturbing. 

Next up is a night game at home versus Georgia. 

No comments: