Friday, August 25, 2023

Music Friday: "Look on Down from the Bridge"

Since there are no new episodes of the Late Show with Stephen Colbert happening because of the long writers' strike, I've been watching various streaming services. 

I discovered the HBO podcast/show Talking Sopranos that has the actors who played Christopher (Michael Imperioli) and Bobby (Steve Schirripa) in the series talk and reminisce about the episode after they had watched it again, I assume (it looks like Zoom), during the Covid lockdown. 

They often talk about how the writers and producers selected certain songs for certain specific reasons. 

At the end of "The Meadowlands" episode Imperioli points out what a great song ends the episode, and this one is it. 

I never bought the Mazzy Star album that gets a lot of critical attention, but I like their stuff. 

Here's the tune. 

No comments: