Monday, May 15, 2023

Unpopular Opinion: No Doubt Was Not a Good Band

I'm trying out a new feature for this blog. I'm calling it the "unpopular opinion" feature. 

I love the music of the 90s. I had a lot of fun in the 90s. I graduated high school in 1989 and was in a college environment throughout the decade. And the decade featured some great music when Mtv was still playing videos and "alternative" rock and grunge were king. 

No Doubt, however, never jived with me. I like bands with female lead singers, but I don't think Gwen Stefani is that great. 

To me, No Doubt was just a white bread rip-off of Fishbone. Stefani even admitted that she took her fashion cues from Angelo Moore. And they did the ska-rock thing to a certain extent. 

When one of their songs comes on any of the SiriusXM stations I listen to, I'm very likely to turn the channel. Their songs do nothing for me. 

No Doubt was not a good band. 

No comments: