Friday, March 11, 2022

Random Notes from a Crank

My optimism for Spring was met with a dusting of snow before our spring break. 

I planted two rows of spinach and a row each of different varieties of lettuce. The snow won't bother it much. Those plants love the cold. I'm just hoping I can get back in the garden to plant more. 

The freezing of assets of Roman Abramovich has put Chelsea is some financial turmoil. It'll be interesting to see who takes over ownership of the football club. Another oligarch will take it over I presume, but it remains to be seen whether the new owner/s will shell out the kind of money Putin's buddy put out during his time owning the club. 

The owners of Newcastle United and Man City don't exactly have squeaky clean reputations and/or human rights records either. They have money like Chelsea used to have. 

The Crimson Tide got bounced out of the SEC basketball tournament early. I'm hoping they do something quite different during March Madness. 

No comments: