Thursday, February 20, 2020

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: Slow Cooker Tikka Masala Chicken

For those who belong to the Aldi Nerd community on Facebook, this one's for you. 

Ingredients
3-4 large chicken breasts, fat trimmed and cut into cubes
2 red bell peppers, chopped moderately finely
Half of yellow onion, chopped finely
1 jar of Aldi brand Tikka Masala simmer sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Smidge of cayenne pepper

Process
Chop up the onions and peppers and place them into a large slow cooker. Chop up the chicken and add it atop the onions and peppers. Douse the top with the simmer sauce and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or riced cauliflower. 

Since I've never had Tikka Masala before, I don't know how the jarred sauce compares to the real thing, but I enjoyed it. From my reckoning, I felt the dish needed a good bit of freshly cracked black pepper and some cayenne, so I added those.  

No comments: