Thursday, February 8, 2018

Random Notes from a Crank

In the 2018 recruiting class, Alabama signed a punter named Skyler DeLong. I hope his performance lives up to that name. It's going to be hard to replace the consistent performance of J.K. Scott the past four years. 

It's like his parents knew he was going to be a punter. 

It's like naming your son Jeeves, and he becomes a butler. 

Or naming your daughter Trixie, and she becomes a prostitute. 

About a week or two ago I started Ron Chernow's biography of Ulysses S. Grant. Chernow is the same author who wrote the biography of Hamilton that spurred Miranda to create the musical Hamilton. I doubt we'll see any musicals about Grant in the future, but so far it's a fine piece of writing. 

It's quite a tome, clocking in at almost a 1000 pages, and very detailed. I don't know much about Grant, so I'm learning a lot. 

No comments: