Sunday, September 4, 2022

Sunday Hangover: Utah State

I understand that Alabama is a very good team, but I thought Utah State would give them a bigger challenge because they won 11 games last season and won their conference. 

But they didn't. 

It was a 55 to 0 drubbing.

The biggest questions for me were the play of the new corps of wide receivers and the offensive line. 

As for the wide receivers, the new crop stepped up. I like Holden a lot, and Burton played well with two touchdowns apiece. And the freshman Prentice started and looked good. 

They have even more depth there with Bond, Leary, and Brooks. It's early in the season obviously, but we seem to have some players ready to contribute.

With the offensive line, Alabama needs to run the ball more effectively. Their performance, to me, was just okay. But I'm a fan of smashmouth football. 

Next up is an away game at Texas. The pundits tongues will be wagging about Saban going up against Sark. 

No comments: