Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Random Notes from a Crank

I don't get some of the dating rituals that are relatively new to me. 

First, there is the dreaded "promposal." This spectre surely is a result of the rampant social media posts. Why does it have to be a promposal? Can't we just go back to, I don't know, asking a person to prom and leaving it at that? Why does this all have to shared? 

Second, perhaps this trend is just happening in my little spot in the universe, but my seventh grade son is "dating" a gal, as much as 7th graders can date. Anyway, a way that they're showing they're dating is that the girl gave my son one of his hair ties that he wears as a bracelet. From my perspective, the hair tie denotes possession, so my son's girlfriend is kind of marking her territory I guess, saying "He's mine."

ESPN has been covering the NFL draft ad nauseam. One player who I think is get not as much attention as he probably should is Jaylen Waddle. With Waddle closest comp being Tyreek Hill, I suspect someone is going to draft Waddle and do quite well for themselves. 

As much as people want to bitch about the pandemic and the glut of Zoom meetings, the next couple of days I will be interviewing people using Zoom while wearing shorts. That's a happy side effect. 

Trevor Noah has a great bit in one of his stand-up routines about how calling someone a "pussy," meaning that the person is weak, is really dumb. If you think about it, vaginas are incredibly powerful and resilient. First, think about all of the heterosexual men who spend their lives chasing pussy. Second, and this is one of Noah's main points, is that a person or persons came out of vaginas, and they still work. That's impressive. 

Noah's point is that if you want to call someone weak, you should call them a penis. 

So that gets me to over five millions penises who did not get their second shots of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. What a bunch of dicks. 

No comments: