Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Hangover: Bye Week

Since the Nasty family traveled to the town of gridlock, graft, and duplicity (Springfield, IL) for my daughter's gymnastics meet on Sunday morning, I didn't get to watch much football on Saturday.

I did catch a few of the late games at the hotel room last night though.

Wisconsin has had two implosions in a row. Michigan State beat them on a improbable hail mary last week. Last night after Wisconsin took the lead and then provided a horrible kickoff, Ohio State's freshman qb beat them on a rollout right throw to the end zone. Where the hell was the safety on that play? And man, those new school Ohio State uniforms are ugly. Just awful.

USC got hosed on a call at the end of the game last night. They should have had a second on the clock to attempt to kick a field goal. Then again, the more I see Stanford, the more I'm impressed. Their TEs are lethal weapons.

I saw highlights of how the Commodores of Vanderbilt should have at least taken their game against the Razorbacks to overtime. Tough deal if you're a Vandy fan. This new Vanderbilt coach is doing a heck of job over there in Nashville. They're playing inspired ball, and having the brother of Aaron Rodgers as your quarterback helps too. If I were a betting man, I'd take the points and bet on Vandy next week when they play Florida.

Congrats to Joe Paterno on his historic win yesterday.

3 comments:

Seddy said...

No "Saturday Hangover" after the Cards' improbable feat on Friday night?

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Sadly enough, I feel asleep right before the bottom of the ninth of Game 6. I slept through the whole damn exciting thing. That game broke the spirit of the Rangers.

Congrats to the Cardinals though. They're improbable World Champs but world champs nonetheless. And Cardinals fans, I'm told, won't have LaRussa to complain about anymore. I don't know how he got that collection of talent to win it all, but he did.

I think a lot of people in St. Louis had Saturday hangovers.

fern said...

I could not get over those OSU uniforms. I don't know if they are trying to look like Transformers or what, but they were deep in the uncanny valley from where I sat. The red mouth guards were also just a bit too prominent. Super Heroes with binkies are just creepy.